Sunday, October 2, 2011

HAULIN' TIME: CVS...AGAIN ;D

Hey everyone! Again, sorry I didn't post any posts for the whole last week, it's been super busy with school work and studying for tests pretty much every single day--man I hate those things. Anyways, I managed to stop by CVS and pick up some things so here you are!



HAULIN' TIME: CVS...AGAIN ;D


First off, it was time for me to get a new toothpaste so I'd seen some commercials for this one: Colgate Optic White, and thought I should try it out! I am always looking for things to whiten my teeth anyways, so when I heard that this had the same whitening ingredient as strips and was enamel safe, I was hooked ;D Plus, when I went to CVS, it was the last one... that's a good sign right? ;)


Here's the color: white with little granules. Flavor: Sparkling Mint (: So far, I've used it for a couple of days and really like it, I haven't noticed whitening yet, but I'll give it a week or two. It's very foamy once you start brushing and has a rather strong minty flavor, but bearable.


I also really needed some new nail polish remover, so I decided to get the Strengthening one, cause that's always a plus. And so far, this removes my nail polish very quick and easily, yess ;D


I also really needed to get an anti-residue shampoo to clear up all of the buildup I imagined I probably had, especially since my scalp has been getting dry. So I used this Neutrogena Anti-Residue Formula Shampoo yesterday, and it's like completely cleared up my itchy, dry scalp! So if you have an itchy or dry scalp and you use a lot of products on your hair (like me),  then definitely try this out! It could be the key to your problems..




I really needed a replacement for my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat, because my last one completely dried out to a goopy, sticky mess. But I always come back to this one, because it adds a brilliant shine to my nails, makes them last for WEEKS (and even months on my toes), and dries SUPER fast!


And then I had a coupon for "Buy 2 Revlon Products and Get $ off" And ya know I can't pass that up, so I saw this Revlon ColorStay Quad in Copper Spice and instantly thought of a Winter/Fall Tutorial, so be on the lookout for that (:


Revlon ColorStay Quad in Copper Spice


Swatches of the Revlon Quad in Copper Spice.



Swatches of the Quad: The top two colors.


Swatches of the Revlon Quad: The bottom two colors.


My second Revlon item: Revlon Brow Fantasy in Brunette. You've probably seen this thing in a lot of my posts because I used the Light Brown one religiously and loved it! But since that one's completely gone and I've darkened my hair, I thought it was time for a new one (and darker). Of course, I love it so far and it is still my all-time favorite brow product (:



There's a pencil on one end which I use to fill in my brows..


..And a tinted gel on the other which I use to blend the pencil and add to the natural effect.


And lastly, I wanted to try a new brow product and I loved that this one has a spoolie so I got this one: the Milani Easy Brow in Dark Brown.


Here's the spoolie.


Here's the retractable pencil, it's slightly darker and softer than the Revlon one, and when I tried it, I found that it's very easy to make your brows too dark and fake with this, but I'll keep working with it to find a trick.


Swatches of the brow products (From left to right): Revlon Brow Fantasy in Brunette Tinted Gel, Pencil, and the Milani Easy Brow in Dark Brown.


Welp, that's the end of my CVS Haul/Mini Reviews! I hope that you enjoyed it and helped you on your journey through makeup ;) As always, thanks so much for reading!

P.S. Be on the lookout for an Urban Decay Primer Potion Palooza and a Tutorial using the Revlon Copper Spice Quad!

Until later,
Your Obsessive Makeup Blogger,
Liv <3


No comments:

Post a Comment