Thursday, August 4, 2011

HAULIN' TIME & LOOK OF THE DAY: BOBBI BROWN

Hey again everyone! I'm soo sorry I haven't done a post in a LONG time (at least it seems like it for me)..I've been waiting for my Bobbi Brown package to come so I could do this post! So it came today and it's actually a funny story..so I was waiting for my package on my back deck and I heard the UPS guy in our court so I go out front and he SKIPS my house, doesn't deliver the package, delivers my neighbors, and drives out of our court! So I go to check and see if he accidently delivered it to my neighbors and then right when I'm at their house, he comes back and delivers my package! (Good thing, or I would've been calling UPS! ;D) I figure that my neighbor's dog lunging towards him when he delivered my neighbor's package caused his temporary forgetfulness ;D  Wow, that was some rambling! Anyways, there's going to be two parts to this post, the Haul and then a Look of the Day using the Hauled items. On to Part 1: The Haul!

PART 1: HAULIN' TIME - BOBBI BROWN

First, I got the Denim & Rose Eye, Lip, and Face Palette. (It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!)
The cool metal zipper with BOBBI BROWN engraved on it.
Here's the back of the palette with all of the color names.
Here's the actual colors (: 
Eyeshadow - Navajo.
Eyeshadow - Gray Denim.
Sparkle Eyeshadow - Pink Granite.
Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow - Dark Rinse.
Creamy Lip Color - Cool Rose.
Creamy Lip Color - Indie Rose.
Glitter Lip Gloss - Iced Lilac.
Lip Gloss - Hot Rose.
Blush - Pink Rose.
I also got the Bobbi Brown Brow Pencil in Wheat, which is described as a medium grey-brown. It's a very interesting formula, it looks very natural and is like a powder in pencil form.
A close-up of the Pencil.
Here's the name.
The Brow Pencil comes with a sharpener!
A size comparison of the Sharpener.
A swatch of the Brow Pencil in Wheat. (Don't let this swatch fool you, applied to skin, it appears very light, but applied to brows, it is a very natural, darker color).
Now, I got this lipstick for FREE using the offer code: TEA11. It is a Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Tea Rose. 
Tea Rose is a beautiful "blooming" color (:
As you can see, this lipstick is VERY pigmented so I only apply a little and then spread it around (;
Also, on Bobbi Brown Online, they were having a Special Offer where you get to pick 3 Free Deluxe Samples with your order! So I got this Extra Repair Eye Cream.
I also got this Brightening Hydrating Lotion Deluxe Sample, which I discovered is actually a clear liquid...
Here's a size comparison of the Deluxe Samples to the lipstick.
Overall, I really like the the Denim & Rose Palette, Brow Pencil in Wheat, and Lipstick in Tea Rose! The palette is great for travel, which is actually the reason I bought it..and since it is Limited Edition, you should definitely buy it before it becomes unavailable!

PART 2: LOOK OF THE DAY

So this is Part 2 of this SUPER long post (Sorry about that).. and I'm going to show you how I did this look using my Bobbi Brown Denim & Rose Palette from the Haul above! On to the look:



EYES:


STEP 1: First off, I primed my lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion and then applied the Eyeshadow in Navajo all over my lid as a base and on the brow bone as a highlight.


STEP 2: I then applied the Eyeshadow in Gray Denim on the outer third half of my lid and into the crease.


STEP 3: I then applied the Sparkle Eyeshadow in Pink Granite on the inner third of my lid and in the inner corner.


STEP 4: I then applied the Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Dark Rinse as a liner on my upper lashline and on the outer third of the lower lashline. Lastly, I applied my Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara on my upper lashes and Maybelline Great Lash on my lower lashes. 

CHEEKS:


For the cheeks, I applied the Pink Rose Blush.


Here's the Pink Rose Blush from the Denim & Rose Palette I used on my cheeks for this look.

LIPS:


Here is the lip look I wore using the Bobbi Brown Denim & Rose Palette.


First, I applied the Cool Rose Creamy Lip Color.


I then applied the Iced Lilac Gloss over top.


Welp, that's the end of my Bobbi Brown Haul & Look of the Day! I know that it was SUPER long and I'm sorry for that but hopefully you enjoyed it as much as I did! As always, thanks so much for reading and remember to Follow this blog for updates! 

Until later,
Your Obsessive Makeup Blogger,
Liv


No comments:

Post a Comment