Saturday, June 25, 2011

MY SUMMER BEAUTY ESSENTIALS

Don't worry, I had no trouble thinking of a post to do for today (; Cause I actually thought of it yesterday, late at night...I thought that this would be fun to do and I hope that it helps you guys with what products to check out for summer(: So lets get into it:


MY SUMMER BEAUTY ESSENTIALS


EYES:

A definite must when it comes to eyes in the summer, for me at least, is cream eyeshadows. Most of them have good staying power and won't get cakey with the humidity of summer(: These are some of my favorite cream eyeshadows: (from left to right) Benefit Cream Creaseless Shadow in R.S.V.P, NARS Cream Eyeshadow in Pearl Beach, and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly. (Click here to see a swatch of R.S.V.P, Click here to see a review of Pearl Beach, Click here to see a swatch of Painterly).

Waterproof Mascara is also a definite must when it comes to summer. You don't want raccoon eyes after being in the pool, beach, or just in the humid weather, I know I don't(; Right now I'm using Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Waterproof Mascara. (Click here to see a review on the mascara).


FACE:


For my face, I always use tinted moisturizers in the summer months(: They are lighter than foundation, which makes them very wearable in the humid weather and most of them usually have a good SPF. Now, for me, I don't use very much SPF on my face because I like being tan(; But I know that some people like a lot. So these are ok for me, but if you prefer more SPF, I would use a sunscreen underneath this, or whatever you'd like(: These are two of my favorite tinted moisturizers: (From left to right) Urban Decay Urban Defense Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Bodyguard, CoverGirl Aqua Smoothers SPF 15 in Medium Dark.


During the summer, I like to use a very lightweight powder to set the tinted moisturizer, or  sometimes, if I'm feeling lazy(; I just use a powder without a tinted moisturizer! Two powders that I love for summer include: (From left to right) MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Translucent Oil-Control Powder.



CHEEKS:

For my cheeks during the summer, I really think that cream blush and cheek stains are essential because they won't get cakey or  sweat off as easily as a powder blush in the humidity of summer. Some of my favorites are: (From left to right) Benefit Posie Tint, Benefit Benetint, Tarte Cheek Stain in Glam (unfortunately this color was limited edition, but click here for other colors) , ELF All Over Color Stick in Golden Peach, Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal.

   
Swatches of the blushes above: (From left to right) Benefit Posie Tint, Benefit Benetint  (Blended & Unblended), ELF Golden Peach, Tarte Cheek Stain in Glam, Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal.

I really like bronzers for summer when I want a nice, bronzy, summery glow(:  Baked Bronzers and Liquid Bronzers are great for giving a nice glow. My two favorites for summer are: (From left to right) Josie Maran Bronzing Argan Oil, Milani Baked Bronzer in Glow.
  
Swatches of the two bronzers above: (From left to right) Milani Baked Bronzer (Blended & Unblended), Josie Maran Bronzing Argan Oil (Unblended & Blended).

I really love cream and liquid highlighters in the summer because if you apply a little bit on the top of the cheekbones, it gives a really healthy, summery glow(: Some of my favorites include: (From left to right) Benefit High Beam, ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal, MAC Cream Colour Base in Shell, NARS Orgasm Illuminator.

Swatches of the highlighters above: (From left to right) ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal (Blended & Unblended), Benefit High Beam (Unblended & Blended).

Swatches of the highlighters above: (From left to right) NARS Orgasm Illuminator (Blended & Unblended), MAC Cream Colour Base in Shell (Unblended & Blended).



LIPS:


I still love using lipstick and lipgloss during summer and if you do too, here are some of my favorite summer lipsticks and lipglosses(: From left to right: Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Sheer Light Peach, Revlon Super Lustrous Color Creme Lipstick in Just Enough Buff, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef, Lancome Juicy Tube in Touched By Light.

Swatches of the lip products above: (From left to right) Avon Lipstick in Perfect Peach, Revlon Lipstick in Just Enough Buff, Revlon Lipgloss in Coral Reef, Lancome Juicy Tube in Touched By Light.



I also really think that chap stick is an essential during summer because laying out in the sun can make your lips become dry and chapped really fast. I also think that keeping your lips scrubbed and flake-free is a good idea as well(: Here are some of my favorite tried-and-true lip products for summer: (From left to right) Softlips 100% Natural Lip Polish, EOS Lip Balm in Honeysuckle Honeydew, Nivea A Kiss of Milk & Honey Lip Balm.


SCENTS:

I know that this post is getting really, really long but I wanted to show you guys my favorite summer scents. First off, I really like the Victoria's Secret  PINK WITH A SPLASH All Over Body Sprays. My personal favorites are Fresh & Clean, and Pretty & Pure.

I also really love Victoria's Secret Body Spray in Island Waters Coconut Water and Pineapple, it's a very fruity, bright, and summery scent(: (Unfortunatley, I can't find this scent on the Victoria's Secret Website, but click here to see all of their Body Mist Scents).


Welp, that's all of my Summer Essentials! I hope that you enjoyed it and maybe it'll give you some ideas for which products to check out for summer! Also, I bought all of these products with my own money and I am not being payed to advertise any of these products, these are my true favorites(: As always, thanks for reading(:

Until later,
Your Obsessive Makeup Blogger,
Liv


No comments:

Post a Comment