Wednesday, June 29, 2011

MAKEUP, FASHION, AND HAIR FIT FOR GOLF(:

This pic is from nj.com 
Hello again everyone(: Today I had my first golf lesson! I know, I know, I just haven't had time to take lessons until now.. (; So I had my lesson which was about an hour long and then I just hit some balls on the driving range with my grandpa for about two hours(: And let me tell ya, I got a lot better than I was when I walked in there :D My farthest drive was about 100 yards, but hey, that's good for me! ;D Anyways, on to the makeup:


MAKEUP FIT FOR GOLF(:



When playing sports, I like to keep my makeup very natural, like a "no-makeup" look while still enhancing your features and letting your natural beauty shine through(:


First off, for the face I always wear my Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in the shade: Light 4-5. It has a great texture that's not too moussy but not too thick. It also does a great job of covering my dark circles and staying on during sports.


Then, I don't apply a tinted moisturizer or anything because that has more of a chance of sweating off of my face. I just apply a light powder to even out the skin tone and prevent shine such as my personal favorite, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade Medium. It's very light and doesn't look cakey(: I didn't apply any blush or anything because I didn't want to look shimmery or caked on in the sun, plus I have a bit of a tan(;


Then, I just fill in my brows with my Revlon Brow Fantasy in Light Brown. I've been using this thing forever, it's just great for summer because it has a pencil and a tinted gel for extra wear(: I've repurchased it about three times ;D


Then, for the eyes I kept it very neutral and started off with my MAC Painterly Paint Pot and applied it with my fingers all over my lid to just even out the color of my lids and brighten up the area.


I then just use a flat shader brush and gently apply Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Sin from the Naked Palette on the inner corner and inner third of my lid, just to brighten. 


I then very lightly took a crease brush and applied Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Buck from the Naked Palette in my crease just to give some subtle dimension.


I then took a big, fluffy shader brush and highlighted my brow bone with Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Virgin from the Naked Palette to add some nice glow to the eye(:


I then applied a rather thin line of my Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black from my outer lashline to halfway across the lid, making the line thinner towards the middle to make the lashes look fuller.


I then took a smudger brush and smudged Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Gunmetal from the Naked Palette over the liquid liner to tone it down a bit.


 I then curled my lashes and applied Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Waterproof Mascara on the top lashes and Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black on the bottom lashes. (Click here to see a review of Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara, and click here to see a mini-review of Maybelline Great Lash).


Lastly, I used Softlips Chap Stick in Rose for a hint of color and SPF 15, which is very important when playing sports to keep your lips from getting burnt. And if you don't want any color, use Softlips in Vanilla which has SPF 20.


AN OUTFIT FIT FOR GOLF(:


As for an outfit for Golf, you want to dress very light because it can get hot when your standing on the golf course with the sun beating down on you. So for my golf lesson, I wore an Abercrombie pink striped polo shirt, white shorts from Target and a skinny braided rope belt from Forever 21. It still has the golf feel with the polo shirt, but won't make you hot because of the shorts. And I still added some style with the belt(: For shoes, I wore my SEBAGO Docksides Boat Shoes because you want to wear shoes that are close-toed and offer good support so that they don't interfere with your golf swing! So I would say that flip flops aren't the best thing to wear, trust me ;D


HAIR FIT FOR GOLF(:


As for the hairstyle that I wore to my golf lesson, I wore my hair up in a ponytail because it's important to keep your hair out of your face so that you can really focus on..golf (; instead of your hair distracting you while it's flapping in your face ;D But I also added some touches of style to it. I had curled my hair the night before with my Conair Infiniti Curl Wand (Click here to see a review of the wand), so my hair had loose wavy curls that added some nice volume and style. I also braided my bangs back into the ponytail(:


 Welp, that's the end of my Makeup, Fashion, and Hair fit for Golf Post! I hope that it helped you with what to wear and use when playing Golf or really any sport, at least for the makeup(; As always thanks for reading(: And a Target haul should be coming soon!


Until later,
Your Obsessive Makeup Blogger,
Liv

1 comment: