Wednesday, June 22, 2011

MY LASH DUO OF JUNE: LANCOME HYPNOSE DRAMA & MAYBELLINE GREAT LASH

Hello again beauty blog readers(: I've been on a post writing kick today as I have already written 2 other posts today, but hey, it's not a bad thing is it? (; Anyways, I have decided that i will be doing these posts called: "MY LASH DUO OF MONTH:" So, as you've probably guessed, I'll be doing one every month(: Basically, it's just a pair of mascaras that I've been using most frequently for the past month. So each post will be towards the end of the month. I'll tell you what I think about the mascaras and how I use them, including photos(: Exciting, right? So, let's get to it!

MY LASH DUO OF JUNE: LANCOME HYPNOSE DRAMA & MAYBELLINE GREAT LASH

The lash pair that I've been using for the month of June most often is definitley Lancome Hypnose Drama and Maybelline Great Lash... hmm, I feel like I'm just restating everything. Alright, enough rambling, on to the mascaras:

LANCOME HYPNOSE DRAMA (EXCESSIVE BLACK)($25):

This one has a interesting story...Well, here goes, when I first got the mascara, I actually did not like it at all. And by the way, I don't have the full size mascara, I just have a deluxe sample of it from when I ordered my Lancome Molten Shore Palette from the Summer 2011 Bronze Azure Collection(: Anyways, I stopped using it, and then at the beginning of June, I decided to give it another try because my Rimmel Sexy Curves was running out, and to my surprise, I loved it! What I do is apply 2 to 3 coats of it in the color: Excessive Black to my top lashes with the hump of the curled side of the brush pointing towards my lashes. There'll be a picture to help you understand the jumble of words i just said down below ;D But I absolutley love it, it really volumizes my lashes and gives great length(: One weird thing I noticed is that it smells like pohpery, oh geez, I don't know how to spell that...umm, the stuff that is like fake flowers and stuff and you put it in a bowl and it smells good, it smells like that! This is one high-end mascara worth trying(: And the Lancome Website has offers all of the time where you get a deluxe sample of it with your order, that's what I did(: So you don't even have to buy the full size! Oh wow, I just realized how long this paragraph is... it wasn't even supposed to be a paragraph ;D

MAYBELLINE GREAT LASH (BLACKEST BLACK)

So, now for the story on this one.. Well, I was at Meijer's one day at the beginning of June, and had just seen an ad celebrating Maybelline Great Lash's... 50th Anniversary in my InStyle Magazine? So I decided that I should give it a try, I needed a new mascara anyways(; So I first tried to apply it to my top lashes, thinking, "Oh poop, this does nothing, the brush is so tiny!" Well, at some point I came across putting it on my bottom lashes and BAM! AWESOME! I think the reason I love it so much is because the brush is like a slightly bigger version of Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara(: It really defines and seperates my bottom lashes! So if you're looking for a cheaper version of Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara, I would say give this a try(: Maybe you'll be as pleased as me ;D So alas, I discovered the mahvelous lash duo of Lancome Hypnose Drama on the top lashes and Maybelline Great Lash on the bottom! (:

PHOTOS:

The Maybelline Great Lash Brush.

A close-up of the Maybelline Great Lash Brush.

The Lancome Hypnose Drama Brush (Weird-lookin right?)

A close-up of the Lancome Hypnose Drama Brush.

Before putting any mascara on.

After putting Hypnose Drama on the Top Lashes & Great Lash on the Bottom Lashes.

The way I hold the Lancome Hypnose Drama Brush as I was rambling about earlier ;D

So, overall, I hope that you try this lash duo or maybe if you have one that works awesome for you, leave a comment and maybe I'll try it for next month! As always, thanks for reading(:

Also, if you would like to see a post in which I use Maybelline Great Lash in a look, click here(:

And until later,
Your Friendly Obsessive Makeup Blogger,
Liv


No comments:

Post a Comment