Sunday, June 26, 2011

LOOK OF THE DAY: MY VERSION OF A SMOKEY PLUM EYE LOOK

Hello again everyone, so last night my family and I headed over to my grandparents house for dinner and then we headed to our first Fireworks of the year!(: Before heading out to do all of this, I was doing my makeup and just kind of threw a look together that I actually really liked(: It's my version of a smokey eye, since I don't like to wear very "dark" or "harsh" makeup(: So if you're like me in that way, you just might like this look! So here we go:

MY VERSION OF A SMOKEY PLUM EYE


STEP 1: First, I primed my lids with MAC Paint Pot in Painterly from the upper lashline to the brow bone.


STEP 2: I then took just a flat shader brush and packed MAC Eyeshadow in Satin Taupe all over my lid and up a little bit past the crease.


STEP 3: I then took a flat shader brush again and packed Urban Decay's Sidecar Eyeshadow (Exclusive to the Naked Palette) from the Naked Palette onto the inner third of my lid.


STEP 4: I then took the same brush and blended Urban Decay's Darkhorse Eyeshadow (Exclusive to the Naked Palette) from the Naked Palette onto the outer third of my lid.


STEP 5: Then, I took a small crease brush and softly applied Urban Decay's Hustle Eyeshadow (Exclusive to the Naked Palette) from the Naked Palette underneath the outer half of my lower lashline.


STEP 6: I then took a large crease brush and blended CoverGirl's Eyeshadow in Mink into my crease and a little above and also on the inner half of my lower lashline and blended into Hustle on the outer half. (Click here to see my Summer Sunset Tutorial where I use this same eyeshadow). 


STEP 7: Then, I used a big, fluffy shader brush and applied Urban Decay's Virgin Eyeshadow (Exclusive to the Naked Palette) from the Naked Palette on my brow bone as a highlight and I blended it into the crease a little. I also applied it in the inner corner of my eye to highlight it.


STEP 8: Then, I applied Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black on my upper lashline starting thicker at the outer corner and going thinner towards the inner lashline.


STEP 9: I then took Urban Decay's Creep Eyeshadow (Exclusive to the Naked Palette) from the Naked Palette and a liner brush and smudged it over the liquid liner on the upper lashline.


STEP 9: I then curled my lashes and then applied Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Waterproof Mascara onto the upper lashes and Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black onto the lower lashes. (Click here to see a review of Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara and click here to see a mini-review of Maybelline Great Lash).


Welp, that's the end of my Smokey Plum Look(: I hope that you enjoyed it and that maybe it has inspired you to recreate it! As always, thanks for reading(:

Until later,
Your Obsessive Makeup Blogger,
Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment