Friday, July 15, 2011

OUTFIT & LOOK OF THE DAY: FROM A DAY ON THE BEACH TO A SHORESIDE CAFE

Hey everyone! Recently I've been really stoked about going to the beach in about a month and I was feeling like dressing in a sort of "California Day-Around-Town" look, if you know what I mean (; So this is going to be an outfit AND look of the day fit for a day at the beach and a California night on the town! Pretty cool right, it's like two in one! ;D Anyways, on to the makeup:




THE MAKEUP:


For the makeup, I wanted to keep it bright and simple enough to wear to the beach, but enough to wear to a shoreside restaurant or cafe(:


STEP 1: First off, I just used my finger and applied my Benefit Cream Creaseless Shadow in R.S.V.P all over the lid and up to a little above the crease.


STEP 2: I then took a flat shader brush and applied Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Sin from the Naked Palette all over my lid and up to a little above the crease.


STEP 3: I then took the same brush and applied Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Sidecar from the Naked Palette on the outer third of my lid for some depth.


STEP 4: I then took a fluffy crease brush and applied Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Naked from the Naked Palette into my crease and just a little above to add some dimension.


STEP 5: I then took a big, fluffy shader brush and highlighted my brow bone with Urban Decay's Eyeshadow in Virgin from the Naked Palette.


STEP 6: I then applied my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Whiskey on my upper lashline starting thick at the outer and going thinner towards the middle.


STEP 7: Lastly, as always, I curled my lashes and applied my Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black on my upper lashes and Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black on the lower lashes. (Click here to see a review of Revlon Grow Luscious and click here to see a mini-review on Maybelline Great Lash).


 PART 2: THE OUTFIT

AT  THE SHORESIDE CAFE


SHIRT: As for the shirt, I'm just wearing a white cami from Kohls underneath a light sweater-type button-down cream vest. 

SHORTS: As for the shorts, I am wearing white Mossimo shorts from Target and a skinny braided belt from Forever 21.


SHOES: As for the shoes, I would wear a more dressy sandal such as these gold strap sandals from the Beach Club. 


Here's the shoe without my foot in it ;D


Here's the brand(:


Here's a close up of the belt.


Here's a close up of the sweater material and buttons.


A DAY AT THE BEACH



If you're going to the beach after or before the shoreside cafe, just add some sunglasses such as these Aviator ones from Mossimo from Target and a swimsuit underneath and you're ready for some sun and sand(:


As for the shoes, I would wear just some flip flops to the beach or some more casual sandals such as these ones from Forever 21(:


Here's the shoe without my foot in it again.. ;D


Here's a close up of the brand of sandal.


ACCESSORIES:



As for accessories, I'm just wearing a silver charm bracelet from Disneyland and a leather bracelet from a recent camping trip(:


Here's a close up of the mickey charm on the Disney charm bracelet.


Here's a close up of the Aviator Sunglasses from Target.


Welp, that's the end of my spontaneous Outfit & Look of the Day for the beach ;D I hope that you enjoyed it and that it gave you some ideas! As always, thanks for reading(:

Until later,
Your Obsessive Makeup Blogger,
Liv

P.S.
Is it just me or are these clouds just kind of wierd? ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment